Terms and conditions
Last update: June 16 2017.
This Website is provided by RA Media.
Section 1: Introduction
We strongly recommend that You read these Terms and Conditions carefully and in their entirety and print and save a copy of them for Your records.
They set out the terms of a legally binding agreement between You and RA Media.
If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
These Terms and Conditions apply to all Users of this Website, whichever platform or device used to access it. They apply to regular and casual visitors, members, forum posters, bloggers and advertisers using the site for banners etc.
If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If You do not accept these Terms and Conditions, or are not authorised to do so on behalf of Your business or work, You should immediately stop using this Website and cancel any subscriptions or memberships associated with it. Your continued use of the Website confirms Your acceptance of these terms.
If You use this Website in the course of Your business or work, You are also agreeing to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of that business.
Section 2: Definitions
- “We” means RA Media.
- “You” means any, and all casual surfers, regular visitors, members, forum posters, bloggers and advertisers using the site for banners, who land upon the site by choice or mistake.
- “Websites” means the websites, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) and wap sites (including their constituent pages) published by RA Media and any other Website, wap site, mobile apps (iPhone and Android apps) site, or web address owned or operated by a member of RA Media as may link to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- “Contributions” means any unsolicited material, including (but not limited to) verbal, email, video, letters, texts, digital photographs or other images.
Section 3: Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to any part of this Website, including to these Terms and Conditions. If We change these Terms and Conditions, We will update the date above. If We make substantive changes, We will also place a button named Revised Terms and Conditions on every page of the site.
It is Your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions for updates and changes from time to time.
If You use any part of the Website after We have published such changes, You will be agreeing to be bound to those changes.
If You do not agree to be bound by the changes then You should immediately stop using the Website and cancel any memberships or subscriptions associated with it.
Section 4: Termination
These Terms and Conditions are effective until terminated by either You or by RA Media. You may terminate these terms at any time by destroying all materials obtained from www.saddleworthnews.com and any related documentation and all installations or copies of these, howsoever made.
These Terms and Conditions will immediately terminate, without notice if in the sole discretion of RA Media, You do not comply with any provision within them. Upon Termination, You must destroy all materials obtained from the www.Saddleworthnews.com site and all related documentation and all installations or copies of these, however made.
Section 5: Access and Use
- The content of the pages of this Website is for Your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither We nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this Website is entirely at Your own risk, for which We shall not be liable. It shall be Your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Website meet Your specific requirements.
- This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, fonts and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the Copyright notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the Website.
- Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and / or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for Your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that We endorse these Website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked Website(s) and any breaches of criminal or civil laws or codes of practice that may be contained within them.
- This Website is made available on the basis that We are excluded, to the extent permitted by law, from any terms implied by statute or otherwise and all liability for any loss or damage however it arises out of the use of this Website or reliance on its content.
- We will not be liable to You for any interruption or delay that You experience in accessing the Website, whatever the cause.
- No metatags, hyperlinks or other forms of linkage whatsoever to any other Website may be imposed on the Website unless express prior permission has been given by RA Media.
- Access to particular areas of the Website, for example, the dating service and competitions may be subject to additional Terms and Conditions to which You confirm Your acceptance by entering these particular areas. If You do not accept those terms then You should immediately stop using those pages.
- RA Media does not warrant that functions contained in the Website content will be available, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected or that the content or the server(s) are available free of viruses or bugs.
- If you are a registered user or subscriber, you are not permitted to share your user name and password with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use. Sharing a password means a copy of our content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorised to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage to detect password sharing.
Section 6: Jurisdiction
- Your use of this Website, these Terms and Conditions and any matters arising are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, save as specifically provided otherwise. This Website is targeted only at, and goods and services are only available to, UK residents. Those who choose to access any www.Saddleworthnews.com material from any other location do so on their own initiative and are responsible for determining the usability and legality of the materials on the site.
- Users also consent to the transfer, storage and processing of the Personal Data to/in countries outside the European Economic Area in connection with the processing mentioned above.
Users’ Personal Data may therefore be processed in countries where the rights and benefits conferred on data subjects may not be as favourable as in the UK and the European Union.
Users who would prefer not to have their Personal Data transferred in this way should make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message to the Publisher: RA Media.
Section 7: RA Media Responsibilities
- RA Media shall endeavour at all times to take responsible steps to ensure that there are no breaches of security on the www.Saddleworthnews.com web site.
- RA Media accepts no liability or responsibility for any error, omission, technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, made on the Website either by itself or any of its Users.
- RA Media accepts no liability as representatives of any advertising or services offered by Users on the www.Saddleworthnews.com Website.
- No advertisement or service offered on the Website constitutes any legal offer or part thereof or contract. via RA Media makes no warranty or representation that the items advertised for sales via the www.Saddleworthnews.com Website are offered free of encumbrances charge or other unexpired right in the terms, or that such advertising is a statement or representation of fact.
- RA Media reserves the right without notice to You, to remove any material from the www.Saddleworthnews.com Website or to suspend or alter the operation of the Website or any of the services contained therein at its sole discretion or for legal or technical reasons. RA Media will endeavour as far as possible to give You as much notice as possible and if able.
- Whilst RA Media shall commit to providing You with as much accurate and truthful material as possible in the www.Saddleworthnews.com Website, You should not rely upon any such opinion or recommendation by www.Saddleworthnews.com of the goods and services available and professional advice should be sought before purchasing any item on the web site or before entering into any legally binding agreement.
Section 8: Copyright
All information incorporated within this web site is ©RA Media 2017. This web site has been created for and on behalf of www.Saddleworthnews.com. Unauthorised use of www.Saddleworthnews.com or RA Media trademarks, trade names and logos is prohibited. These works are protected by the copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The content is also protected by trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. We own and retain all rights in the content and the Website and the Services.
- We hereby grant You a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable licence to display the content (excluding any software code) solely for Your personal, non-commercial use in connection with viewing the Website and using the services.
- The www.Saddleworthnews.com Website and the Services contain content owned by Users and other licensors (“Third Party Content”). Except for content posted by You, You may not, unless specifically authorised by Us in writing, copy, modify, translate, publish, reproduce, commercially exploit, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any content appearing on or through the Website or the Services.
- You must not use it for reproduction on any other Website, or in any way for commercial purposes or gain not listed below (where a separate licence is required) unless You first obtain Our written consent.
- You may retrieve and display content from the www.Saddleworthnews.com Website or the Services on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper, photocopy and store such pages in electronic form on disc (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for Your personal non-commercial use and You may draw the attention of others within Your organisation to material posted on Our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials You have printed off or downloaded in any way, and You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on Our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or Our licensors.
- The following systematic creation and/or use of links to this Website require a separate licence:
- Utilising links to this Website received as part of a paid-for media monitoring service; and/or
- Systematically forwarding links to this Website within a business or outside a business for business purposes; and/or
- Copying or extracting data from this Website by means of robots, spiders, crawlers or other automatic devices or by any manual process used to systematically extract or copy web content.
Please contact the Our Webmaster email@example.com with any queries relating to copyright.
Section 9: Services
- RA Media shall be entitled at any anytime to make changes to the services offered by this Website, without prior notification to the user in order to satisfy any security or statutory requirements and shall at all times determine the manner in which the services are provided.
- RA Media may not be responsible for any failure to provide the services, or unavailability of the site as a result of any circumstances that are beyond its control and the user understands that all fees will still be payable in these circumstances.
- From time to time We may provide additional services for You to download. However, the download time may vary considerably between the types of content and You agree that You are wholly liable and responsible for any telephone call and/or other charges incurred in downloading the same.
Section 10: Third Party Websites
This Website provides links to other websites. These links are for Your convenience only and do not signify that We endorse or undertake any responsibility for the content of or any transactions that You enter into relating to those linked sites. Use of third party websites is entirely at Your own risk and We take no responsibility for any of the content on those sites.
Section 11: Privacy, Cookies and Data Protection Policy
We are committed to respecting Your Privacy. This statement sets out how We comply with European Community data protection requirements. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 .
This Privacy statement applies to this Website only – it does not cover other websites to which We may provide links.
The processing of the personal data may involve Us disclosing Your details to regulatory bodies and / or other third parties.
If You do not wish Your Personal Data to be disclosed in this manner, You should make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message:
Section 12: Personal Data
Is it possible to access the Website without disclosing personal data?
Yes. You can visit the Website without identifying Yourself or revealing any personal information. Once You choose to provide Us with any information by which You can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Data Protection and Cookies Policy statement. You do not have to provide personal information to use the Site.
What information do We collect?
We collect the personal data that You volunteer on forms You submit to Us (for example in registering for membership services), and in emails You send to Us.
Registering via a Social Network
If You choose to register via a Social Network on Our registration page (“Social Network Registration”), You acknowledge and consent for Your data held by the Social Network site (subject to the Social Networks Terms and Conditions) to be processed and shared via a third party whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area and for such data to be processed by Us.
The only data obtained during the Social Network Registration may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
What do We do with the information We gather?
We require this information in order to understand Your needs and to provide You with a better service. We will also use it to send You any information You have requested – for example, Our e-Bulletin.
We may contact You for market research purposes or to give You information about new features on the Website. You will only be contacted if You have given Us authority to do so.
Do We disclose Your personal data to third parties?
We will ensure that Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties except insofar as You have consented to such disclosure or We are required to do so by law. Your personal data may be disclosed to other companies within the RA Media group.
Can I see the information You hold about me? And can I amend it?
You may request details of personal information (if any) which We hold about You under the Data Protection Act 1998. If You would like a copy of the information, please write to RA Media at firstname.lastname@example.org
A £10 fee is payable for all requests made under the Data Protection Act.
If You believe that any information We are holding on You is incorrect, please write or email Us editor@ saddleworthnews.com. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect within 28 days and without charge.
If you have agreed to the disclosure of personal information and to receiving marketing and promotional information, but no longer wish to do so, then please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with Our response, You can ask the Information Commissioner to assess whether the requirements of the Data Protection Act have been met. Write to The Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Is the information You hold on me secure?
We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online. All employees who have access to Your personal data are contractually obliged to respect Your confidentiality. We have put in place technology measures and security policies and procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
Social Media Platforms
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this Website and its’ owners participate on are custom to the Terms and Conditions as well as the Privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own Privacy and personal details.
- This Website nor its’ owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage Users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- This Website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save Your request to share a web page respectively through Your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This Website and its’ owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls, for example: tinyurl.com/dy5wbzg
Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this Website and its owners.
Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this Website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Section 13: Cookies
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on Your computer by Your browser. They are used for many things, such as remembering whether You have visited the site before, so that You remain logged in – or to help us work out how many new Website visitors We get each month.
They contain information about the use of Your computer but do not include personal information about You (they do not store Your name, for instance).
This policy explains how cookies are used on Our websites in general – and, below, how You can control the cookies that may be used on this site (please note that not all of them are used on every site).
You may delete and block all cookies from Our websites but if You do, some parts subsequently will not work.
Below, You can find out more about the cookies We use on Our websites, as well as information on how to turn off cookies, or change the cookie settings on Your browser.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies.
These cookies are essential in order to enable You to move around the Website and use its features.
These cookies will:
- Ensure that Our Website functions correctly
- Facilitate a product selection or track a sales order You have made
These Cookies will not:
- Gather information that could be used for marketing
- Retarget advertising to You on other websites
2. Analytic Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information about how visitors use Our Website to help us improve the way the Website works.
These Cookies will:
- Provide statistics on how Our Website has been used
- Measure any errors on Our Website and support improvements and test new designs
These Cookies will not:
- Gather information that could be used for marketing
- Retarget advertising to You on other websites
These cookies allow Our Website to remember certain choices You have made on the Website so that when You subsequently return, We can provide You with Your personalised settings. These are also used to recommend content We think You will be interested in based on what You have looked at before
These Cookies will:
- Remember Your previous choices You have made on the Website
- Remember if You have previously registered with Our Website
These Cookies will not:
- Gather information that could be used for marketing
- Retarget advertising to You on other websites
Social sharing, video and other services We offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on Your computer when You use them on Our site or if You are already logged in to them.
If you do not wish to receive third party cookies, please see the following section.
Managing Cookie Settings Through Your Browser
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but You can alter Your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance or You can manually delete Your cookie history whenever You wish.
These links explain how You can control cookies via Your browser – remember that if You turn off cookies in Your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
Section 14: Comments
You agree not to post any comments that are, and not limited to, offensive in nature – these include racist, homophobic, defamatory, libellious and lewd. You agree by posting a comment that we may alter it in such a way as to remove any of the previous issues mentioned, but we will endeavour to ensure the comment is not changed so as to lose the context of its original meaning. You also agree that by posting a comment we have the right to publish or not to publish it, and may remove or change it on the site at anytime for any reason. You also agree any comments on this site shall be liable to scrutiny by us or law enforcement agancies and information may be passed to such agencies for the purpose of law enforcement as required.
Section 15: Indemnity,
You agree to indemnify and hold RA Media, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, demand, claim or legal proceedings brought or threatened, including expenses of any character suffered or incurred arising out of Your use of the Website or the Services in violation of this agreement, and/or arising from Your use of or conduct on the Website or in use of the services and/or a breach of this agreement.
Section 16: Disclaimer
This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and RA Media, makes no express or implied warranties or representations in relation to it. This included, without limitation, any implied warranties or representations of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, completeness or accuracy.
- RA Media shall not take responsibility for any loss or damage arising from, or in any way connected with, Your use of the site or any information contained or derived from it (even when RA Media has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage). This includes, without limitation, any damage for loss of profits, loss of information, loss of an opportunity, wasted expenditure or any other monetary loss.
- RA Media shall not take responsibility for the availability or content of any external sites or resources to which it has hyperlinks and might not endorse or approve of any material on sites linked from or to this site. Any reference made by the site to any specific or non-specific commercial product, process or service (or the provider of such) by trade name, hyperlink or trademark, does not denote any endorsement or recommendation by RA Media. The content on the site maybe provided by third parties and other Users. Any statements, services, offers, opinions and advice expressed or made available by third parties (including without limitation information providers, Users and others) are those of the respective distributor, publisher or author and may not be taken for those of RA Media.
- RA Media shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from, or in any way connected with, any non-provis RA Media of all or any part of the service or site, including without limitation any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, defect, communication line failure, wireless application protocol (WAP) failure, mobile app (iPhone and Android apps) failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, alteration of or use of record, RA Media do not make any representation that the site or its servers will remain available to You or are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- Neither RA Media nor any of its employees, agents, affiliates, content or service providers shall be liable to You or to any third party for any damages, whether indirect, direct, incidental, special or consequential (including without limitation any loss of data, profit, contract, opportunity or wasted expenditure) arising out of use of the service or site or an inability to gain access to the service or site or any breach of warranty pertaining to the service or site.
- RA Media shall not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from any event or act beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, war, civil disturbance or act of God.