The awards are a community project between Saddleworth News and The Saddleworth Photography Group, and our main sponsor is Pennine Photographic & Binocular Centre in Rochdale who will supply the Gold Award winner with a brand new quality tripod worth £70. Silver and Bronze winners will get a shopping voucher.
The subject matter for entries this first year of the awards is ‘Summer in Saddleworth’ so send whatever you think best captures this, from sports, work, hobbies or landscapes, it’s up to you! You can enter a maximum of three images.
Terms & Conditions – please read carefully
Below are the terms and conditions for the Saddleworth News Photography Awards 2017 and by submitting images for the awards you agree to these terms and conditions:
- All photographs entered into the awards must have been taken in the Saddleworth area in 2017 although you do not have to reside in the Saddleworth area to enter.
- You may enter a maximum of three of your photographs into the awards.
- There is no age limit on who can enter the awards but under 18’s must have their parents consent.
- Images can be taken on any device but must be of a good enough quality to reproduce and print, so we would suggest an image size of between 2mb – 10mb.
- The awards judges will initially select ten photographs from all the entries submitted then reduce this to a final three at a later stage.
- The final three photographs chosen by the judges will then be voted on by the public, through Saddleworth News, to decide the Gold, Silver and Bronze Award winners.
- You agree that if you are selected through to the last ten photographs you will pay us £10.00 for the framing and mounting of your photo as this will shown in a final exhibition and awards presentation at the Reclamation Room in Uppermill – this is at a cost rate only. Date of exhibition and presentation to be announced.
- You must include your full name and address and best contact telephone number with your entries.
- You agree that any images you submit have been taken by you and that you hold full copyright to them and you also indemnify Saddleworth News and UK Media Publishing Ltd against any financial losses should there be any dispute over copyright.
- We reserve the right to make any enquiries we see fit should we have any concern over copyright of photographs sent to us for these awards.
- You agree that Saddleworth News and UK Media Publishing Ltd can reproduce and use your images for any publicity purposes surrounding this competition and use your name on any promotional stories or material in our any other media publications, online and in print and without any charge.
- You also agree to mention ‘Saddleworth News Photography Awards’ if using your award or winning photograph for any publicity purposes, wether in your business or any further press coverage.
- We reserve the right to close this awards at anytime without any reason or notice to you or anyone else.
- The judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding this.
- Closing date for the awards is August 28 2017 at 6pm – any entries sent after this date and time will be dismissed and not entered into the awards.
Please start snapping away and send us your photographs of ‘Summer in Saddleworth’ and tell your friends and family too and good luck!