Get In Touch

If you’ve got a story or event for the website, please e-mail Ruby at  editor@saddleworthnews.com

Reporting Team

Ruby Anstee – Editor
Stuart Littleford – Reporter
Allan Roach – Reporter
George Wilson – Reporter and IT

Past Articles

Fire service called to electrical fire in Uppermill

Fire service at the fire - photo James Highton

Fire service at the fire – photo James Highton

Electrical contractors at the scene - photo Nick Watts, Urban Haze

Electrical contractors at the scene – photo Nick Watts, Urban Haze

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service attended to a small fire on High Street in uppermill at 12.15pm this afternoon.

The fire was confined to an electrical box outside the Java Cafe premises, the fire was quickly contained and made safe until electrical contractors arrived.

There were no reports of any injuries and the fire service say they left the scene after 20 minutes. The area was also cordoned off for a short time.

Java Cafe have asked customers to go to their Facebook site for updates.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>